- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:07
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff - Town Crier Report
Stanford University architect David P. Lenox is scheduled to kick off the 2014 Los Altos Neutra House Architecture + Design Speaker Series 6 p.m. Jan. 29 in the Social Hall at Hillview Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave. A catered reception will follow at the Los Altos Neutra House, 181 Hillview Ave.
Lenox, director of campus planning at Stanford, will describe recent changes to the campus design and highlight major projects underway.
Now in its fifth season, the series provides an opportunity to explore trends and traditions in architecture and design in a casual setting.
Although the speakers are recognized leaders in their fields, the talks are designed for the general public.
• March 27: Tom Kundig of Olson Kundig Architects Seattle. Kundig will provide insight into the firm’s more than 30-year history of creating museums, commercial and academic buildings, places of worship, residences and exhibit and interior design.
• April 17: James McGrath, partner in the Foster + Partners San Francisco office. McGrath will focus on a few of the firm’s Bay Area design projects.
• May 15: Joe Valerio of Valerio Dewalt Train Associates. Valerio will discuss projects for clients including eBay, the Kresge Foundation and UC San Diego.
Tickets are $20 general admission, $10 students. Tickets, which include admission to the reception, are available in advance or at the door.
Members of the American Institute of Architects may receive Continuing Education units for attending the lectures.
West Valley College students studying architecture may attend the lectures at no charge with valid student identification.