- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 01:30
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff
Veterans in the VA Palo Alto Health Care System are eligible to receive free flu shots. Vets are encouraged to request their vaccination during their regularly scheduled appointments.
Appointments are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the Palo Alto Division, 3801 Miranda Ave., Building 100, first floor, Clinic Area A; and Building 5, second floor, Clinic Areas B and C.
For more information, visit paloalto.va.gov.
• The Department of Veterans Affairs Mobile Vet Center van is scheduled to visit the Foothill College Veterans Resource Center Oct. 16 to offer counseling and other services.
• The Rotary Club of Los Altos has scheduled workshops 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 9 and 23 and Nov. 6. The Rotary Club has partnered with the Veterans Resource Center to raise funds for easing vets’ transition to civilian life.
• The Veterans Resource Center has scheduled a spaghetti dinner Nov. 16 at the American Legion Hall, 377 First St., Los Altos. The Veterans Day event will honor the memory of the late Capt. Matt Manoukian of Los Altos Hills. Further details will follow.
For more information on the Veterans Resource Center, visitfoothill.edu/vet/.