- Published on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 01:01
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff
• Resources are available for readers with visual or other challenges.
Readers may be eligible to borrow recorded and Braille books and devices from the Braille and Talking Book Library, a branch of the California State Library.
For more information, call (800) 952-5666 or visit the reference desk at any public library.
Books Aloud Inc., a private, nonprofit organization that records books on cassette tape for free loan to the blind and disabled, can mail recordings directly to the home of eligible readers or send them to any public library in Santa Clara County.
For more information, call (408) 808-2613 or visit the reference desk at any public library.
• Linden Tree Books has scheduled Family Storytelling in conjunction with the “Save the Ugly Duckling” campaign 4-4:30 p.m. Sunday at the bookstore, 265 State St., Los Altos.
For more information, visit lindentreebooks.com.
• Books Inc. in Palo Alto has scheduled a “Meet the Author” event with Maggie Shipstead 7 p.m. May 14.
Shipstead received the 2012 Dylan Thomas Prize for her debut novel, “Seating Arrangements” (Knopf, 2012). Her latest best-seller, “Astonish Me” (Knopf, 2014), offers a compelling glimpse into the demanding world of professional ballet.
Books Inc. is located at 855 El Camino Real, No. 74, in Town & Country Village.
For more information, visit booksinc/net/paloalto.