- Published on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 06:33
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff
Looking for an activity to fill up your evening? Then come on down to the Los Altos Community Meeting Chambers for tonight’s city council meeting at 7 p.m. to hear about sewers, bag bans, and budgets. Here’s a preview of what’s on tap tonight:
• The council is set to approve an update to the city’s 2005 Sanitary Sewer Master Plan. Among other things, the plan calls for gradual 6 percent sewer service charge increases through 2027, as well as $28.7 million in capital improvements for the city’s aging sewer system.
• The council will be asked to adopt a resolution banning many Los Altos retailers from offering single-use plastic bags and polystyrene food containers by April 22 – Earth Day. Restaurants, fast-food services and nonprofit organizations would be exempt from the bag ban. If adopted, the ban would require a 10-cent charge per reusable cloth bag, recycled paper bag or reusable plastic bag offered to customers by retail establishments. The charge would increase to 25 cents after Dec. 31 2014.
• The council is slated to conduct its midyear review of the city’s fiscal year 2012-13 operating budget and receive a status update on its capital improvement program.