|Simple rules to keep family travel fun, affordable and stress-free|
|Written by Los Altos Town Crier|
|Wednesday, 27 February 2013|
If you’ve watched any of the “Vacation” movies, you’ve seen what can go wrong on a family trip.While hilarity is typically the end result of the mishaps in these movies, certain blunders aren’t as funny in real life. So it’s important to ensure that you and your children will remember your trip for the right reasons. By following a few pieces of advice, you can make your next vacation relaxing and affordable – and a blast for the whole family. Try the following tips, courtesy of Offers.com.
• Score free meals. When you are feeding an entire family, costs add up quickly. Look for hotels that offer a free breakfast, so you can save on one meal each day. Many hotels now offer oatmeal, waffles, eggs and other more kid-friendly selections in addition to the traditional coffee and pastries. To save on other meals, it might be wise to find a hotel room with a refrigerator so that you can stock up on sandwich meat and snacks.
• Find kid-friendly travel. Search for travel discounts where kids fly free or at a reduced rate. In addition, especially if you have younger children who aren’t used to flying, you might want to look for airlines that offer in-flight entertainment options like child-friendly movies. If you’re driving, consider renting a vehicle with built-in child seats or entertainment options like a DVD player.
• Choose a resort with more. Many all-inclusive resorts are especially tailored to families with children of all ages, so if your children are farther apart in age, this may be a good option. Many family-friendly resorts cater to children, tweens and teens alike with age-appropriate activities such as story time, sports and game rooms. Some also offer kids’ camps so that mom and dad can enjoy a little alone time.
• Have a plan. It’s especially important when you are traveling with children to review your plan ahead of time and make them aware of it, so they know what to expect. It’s also a chance to get them excited about your vacation. By sitting down and finding which things each family member would like to do during your trip, you’ll ensure that everyone comes home happy. Many of your destinations may offer free travel guides that can aid in planning, which can also be found at Offers.com/travel.
• Travel light. Instead of cramming a stroller into your car, consider renting a stroller at the attractions you plan to visit. When booking a hotel room, check to see if they have cribs available for your younger children. By eliminating extra items from your load, you’ll keep your sanity.
• Take advantage of coupons and deals. Because many destinations are competing for your dollar, there are plenty of deals and travel coupons to be had. When looking at booking flights or accommodations, or even restaurants once you are on the road, check for money-saving offers online before purchasing. The same goes for theme parks or other attractions you plan to visit.
The easiest and fastest way to find offers is to visit a website like Offers.com, whose staff does the work for you by compiling easy-to-navigate, easy-to-search and verified and updated travel specials for you to peruse. You never know, you might even find a deal that allows you to explore an opportunity you hadn’t yet thought of. n
There are no comments up to now.
|< Prev||Next >|